Saturday, May 11, 2013

Birthday Cards for the Ronald McDonald House Hop!


Today we are getting together to celebrate and take notice of a charity that I'm sure most people are familiar with but maybe haven't thought about in a while.

The Ronald McDonald House is a place that houses families of children who are in need of specialized care that they can't get in a hospital near them. The Ronald McDonald House does it's best to provide comfortable, homey places for these families to stay and most of the essentials so that the families don't have to waste gas, money or time going to get them.
If you want to see a little more about the Ronald McDonald House in my area here is the link.

What I would love to happen for today is every person that visits the blogs mail a childs birthday card to me so that I can go donate them to the Ronald McDonald House here in my region. It's something small, but it's something that all of us in bloggyland know how to do with our eyes shut. And every child has a birthday every year. Many of the children of the families in the RMH will have their birthdays in the hospital. I would love for us to be able to help bring a smile to that child's face and to save the parents and families the trouble of having to go spend ridiculous amounts of money on store bought cards (when we know ours are cuter anyway)!

My Address:
Sarah Henderson
5726 70th Place
Lubbock, Texas 79424

Here are my projects to share with you today. I just did a really simple cute design and whipped out a dozen of these cards


The elephant is Create a Critter.
The paper is DCWV birthdays stack
The stamp on the pink is CTMH
The stamp on the blue is Mark's Finest Papers.



And of course there are prizes!!!
1 prize will go randomly to those who comment on every blog.

For the other prize I will draw randomly from the cards I receive and they will win a stamp set of their choice and crinkle ribbon bundle from our sponsor. Each card equals 1 entry so the more you send, the more chances you have to win!!

You will have 3 weeks from today to mail me cards!

Now I hope you take the time to visit the rest of the stops on the hop today!!





9 comments:

  1. Super cute cards. Thanks for putting this hop together. Happy Crafting...
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards,They will make someone smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, and it sounds like a very worthwhile charity as well.,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are super cute!! Thanks for letting me hop along today, fantastic idea for a hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute cards!! Thanks for letting me be part of such an awesome hop and very worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are toooo cute!!!!... and what an awesome thing you do!!! RMH is an awesome place :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Sarah, these are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like we both had a great idea! lol Love the balloon paper coordinated with the kraft paper. Super cute. Thanks for thinking of this awesome cause! I know the kids are going to love these cards.

    ReplyDelete