Thursday, January 3, 2013

Theme Day Thursday - My Cricut Craft Room


Today at My Cricut Craft Room we made 3D carnations! 
I wasn't sure how to approach this other than making tissue paper flowers so I started googling. I found a post from MCCR from early in 2012 by Shelley HERE is her post.

I cut scalloped circles from the Lite Lovely Floral cart. I did 9 circles each and then put them on pipe cleaners (I could only find white ones).
Eventually they will find themselves on the corner of a ribbon or bulletin board, but for now,


Here are close ups of a couple of the flowers



I cut them at 3, 3.5 and 4 inches. Then I sprayed them with a mister and crunched them up and dried them with my heat tool.
The paper I used is My Mind's Eye.

Be sure to visit My Cricut Craft Room and see what my DT sisters have come up with!!

Thanks!
Sarah Mae

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects!

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers. I need to learn that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might give this a try in a smaller version on tags. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love trying different ways to make paper flowers...thanks for a new inspiration.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the new paper flower showing - a nice project to learn - I was also looking for your projects for the Jan 5th hop - sorry you could not make it this time - I searched for a bit, but did not see it listed -have a wonderful day and week!

    ReplyDelete