Friday, December 14, 2012

New Challenge at Stamping with the Dragon!

I Heard a Bird Sing
by
Oliver Herford
 
I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December
A magical thing
And sweet to remember.
 
"We are nearer to Spring
Than we were in September,"
I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December.
 
This week over at Stamping with the Dragon the challenge is I Heard a Bird Sing. Also this week we are using digis from the Stamping Dragon Designs store because your prize this week is a voucher for the store.
 
 
For this challenge I was really excited that the store has a cardinal digi because not only does it just scream Christmas they are my mom's absolute favorite bird. On the weekends when she isn't busy she will fill up the bird feeder in the back yard and just sit on the rocker and read while the birds come and go. There's a little cardinal that lives somewhere in the neighborhood and he will sit just a couple feet away from her and hold a conversation with her. He's a brave little cardinal because he will stay on lower surfaces even when my cats are in the yard (granted most of the birds realize they really aren't a threat).
So I made this card with the mind to give it to my mom!
 

*Sorry the picture is a little blurry, my camera battery is dead and I couldn't find the charger so I was using my phone. And while supposedly the camera in it is good, it's really hard to hold it steady enough to focus.*
 
For this I used:
The image is from the Stamping Dragon Designs store.
He is colored with Copic Markers.
The background is from a K&Company Christmas stack.
The punch is EK Success.
The sentiment is Mae Sunshine Designs inked with Memento Tuxedo Black.
The ribbon is raffia from Joann.
The buttons are Favorite Findings from Joann.
And, the ink is Barn Door Distress Ink.
 
 
Thanks!!
Sarah Mae
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment