Thursday, November 22, 2012

Theme Day Thursday - My Cricut Craft Room


Today at My Cricut Craft Room is Theme Day Thursday. It's also Thanksgiving here in the U.S. So I found todays theme very inspiring and appropriate.

The theme is F.R.O.G.
Which stands for Fully Rely on God, and Forever Rely on God.

Thanksgiving has been a hard day for me ever since my Dad's parents have passed away. My grandma was my favorite person in the whole world. And Thanksgiving was one of the best days because it meant I was able to spend the whole week leading up to it with her helping her cook. We always had so much fun! I miss her every day.
My Mom's family are farmers so Thanksgiving is right in the middle of stripping time (cotton). Which is why we usually didn't see them for this holiday, it just kind of seemed pointless to go out there to only have a meal with them and then be stuck with the clean up.
Well last year my grandma had a cerebral hemorrhage (a bleed in her brain). And then earlier this year my grandpa was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer. Neither of them are the same and the entire family is tense every time we get together. And honestly it stresses me out to think about all 26 of us being in one house together packed in like sardines.
It's hard for me to feel thankful about my family I still have at this time of the year when I miss my family that's gone so very much. 
But, then I remember that I have promised to F.R.O.G. and that every thing will be fine. My grandma will be happy to see everyone and thats what really matters.



On to my project:


Here's a close up of the flowers, I thought they were soooooo cute!!


And a close up of the verse. I love this verse. Nehemiah 8:10. 



For this I used:


The card base (5.75in), flowers (1.5in), and ticket shape (1in) are from Art Philosophy.
The frog (2.5in) is from Create a Critter.
And, the banner (1in) is from Pretty Pennants.
The sentiment is K Andrew Designs inked with Memento Tuxedo Black.
The letters on the banner I just wrote in.
The glitter glue is all Recollections 'stickles.'
The Distress Inks I used are Dusty Concord (on the flowers), Peeled Paint (on the frog) and Vintage Photo (on the card base).
The ribbon (that's mostly hidden, lol) I dyed with Pewter Distress Stain then twisted it and tied the ends.


Be sure to head over to My Cricut Craft Room to see what my DT sisters have come up with!!!


Happy Thanksgiving!!
Sarah Mae


1 comments:

  1. God can help us with all things. Your project is beautiful.
    robin

    ReplyDelete