Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Gifts Patrol!

I finished my Christmas list!! Yay! Weight lifted off my shoulders.
Really quick I wanted to share with you all what I'm getting my sister, it's actually pretty cool. A few years ago she wrote a massive research paper on the origin of fairy tales. With her final draft she had to have a visual presentation so she decided to make a pop up book. When she trying to figure out how to make one she came upon these two illustrators of collectible pop up books. Now, every birthday or Christmas that's what she wants. 
Here is a website where you can see all the books.

Last year I got her Alice in Wonderland


This year she wants the Sharks one. (You have to understand, Shark Week is her favorite week of the year).


I've been working on my Christmas cards a lot lately. I've had this idea in mind ever since I saw this digi from The Paper Shelter and actually I colored her a few weeks ago. Then, I saw one of Mary's videos (from Cardz TV) about doing a step card. I really haven't ventured into different folds yet but I thought this would be the perfect fold for the card I had in mind.


When you 'Peek' behind her you see the tree with the presents that just look oh so tempting to unwrap!


The front view


And, the side view


For this card I used:
A Little Bit Grumpy from The Paper Shelter.
She is colored with ProMarkers for her hair and Copics for everything else.
The Christmas tree is from Create a Critter 2.
The presents are a Fiskars punch.
The green pattern is Cloud 9 Designs, the red glitter paper and the white card and stamp mat are DCWV, and the other solids are from my scraps.
The sentiment is K Andrew Designs stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
The glitter glues are Recollections 'stickles.'


I'm entering this in:
2 Sisters Challenge  - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine Challenge - Anything Goes
Cards Galore Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me Challenge - Anything Goes
DL.Art - Thankful Thursday Linky Party
Fashionista Challenge - Anything Goes
Paper Play Challenge - Simply Cute


Thanks!!
Sarah Mae

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness..cute cute cute!! Did I mention that your card is cute? lol Love that image and design! Happy to be a new follower!

    Hugs,
    Heather Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card, love all the sparkle
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute step card with hidden treasures. Thanks very much for playing with us at the Fashionista Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card. Love the sparkle , pop-up and the image I love to hear that your daughter wants books. The books are amazing I am looking forward to checking out that site.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card for your daughter and those books are lovely.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great books...book-a-holic here!! lol. Lovely card, this is one of my favourite images, have used her quiet a few times lol. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, good luck and hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the expression on this christmas fairy LOL. Wonderful card.
    Thanks for sharing with us in the Cards Galore challenge.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete