Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Non-Traditional Halloween Colors

This past weekend was long.
My very favorite cousin got married on Sunday in the Dallas area, 6 hours away from where I live.
My mom and his mom are sisters so naturally we had to be there on Saturday to help my aunt with the rehearsal dinner, a rehearsal dinner that had 150 people in attendance. Various members of my family were helping to serve the food in the line and at one point one of the bride's cousins said 'do you work at Macaroni Grill (who catered)?' My mom just laughed and said 'nope, just the groom's aunt.' Lol, yeah, long weekend. Now, regardless of how tired I am, the wedding and all the included festivities were really beautiful and the bride is a beautiful person inside and out who is without a doubt the best thing to have ever happened to my cousin. She is the flowery, artsy, fun personality to his mathematical, technical mind. :)
I'll probably post a congratulations card for them soon, I figure I have a little bit of time since they just left for their honeymoon today!

Anyway, I have one last Halloween card to share.
Instead of the typical orange and green and black, I went with pink and green a black! I thought it was a bit more fun.


For this I used:
The image is from The Paper Shelter.
She is colored with Copics.
All the papers except the glittery spiderwebs are DCWV, and the spiderwebs are Cloud 9 Designs.
The sentiment is K Andrew Designs inked with Memento Tuxedo Black.
The gems are Recollections.


I'm entering this in:
2 Sisters Challenge - Halloween or Fall Colors
A Gem of a Challenge - Polka Dots or Spots
Cards Galore Challenge - Anything Goes
DL.Art - Thankful Thursday Linky Party
Dream Valley Challenge - Glitter and Bling
My Mum's Craft Shop - So Spooky
The Paper Shelter - Halloween


Thanks!!
Sarah Mae

8 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and not too spooky I really like your dotted paper.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow beautiful card, thanks for using a TPS image, love your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colourful, and cute! I love the glitter cobwebs and spiders on the paper! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges, and best of luck! Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the use of TPS stamp! Good luck and thanks for joining us at this week’s The Paper Shelter Challenge. DT Member Shannon/Shannon83k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the image and colour combo. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card. The image is so cute and love the colour combo. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, such a sweet image and fab colours. Thanks for joining us at Milkcoffee Challenge this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Sara Mae, thanks for joining us at AGOAC.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete