Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cutesy Halloween!

It feels like I haven't been on in FOREVER, although in reality it's just been a couple days. The last few days have been a little rushed because I've been playing catch up since I was without my computer for a couple days. It never fails to surprise me how often I'm on the computer, and then maybe more, how much I need to use because there's quite a few things I can't do on my phone or iPad.

On top of that my favorite cousin is getting married this weekend so I have to trek out to Dallas with my family, thereby losing another few days. You know it's funny, talking to people not from Texas and from smaller states and you say 'oh it's JUST 6 hours, 5 depending on the traffic.' They look at you like your crazy for basically saying it's a quick trip to go to Dallas. Then you remind them that to go to some place like Houston and it's closer to 10 hours... Then I remember that in some places you can cross several states in just 6 hours. :) When traveling I've always found that fun, to be really close to a bunch of places.

My catch up has been to work on papers, which is more than possible on the iPad, but it's not possible to work in PowerPoint. There is Keynote, which I love, but my profs do not. Technically it does translate pretty well, but I've found it to be kind of a pain and a hassle trying to translate while moving devices. Easier to spare the headache and just do it on the computer.

The last thing I've been working on is an order for cards!!! Yay! My mom convinced me to put some of my cards on Etsy by saying that if I got a big order she'd come over and help me (btw, she didn't). So, I did some research into different Angel policies and decided to just stick with Provo Craft projects. It's a pretty great policy, up to 40,000 units a year, just don't use an image that is copyrighted by a company other than Provo Craft. I've been making invitations for friends for a while now, but it's kind of fun to say I actually got paid for the effort! 

The card that sold I have posted on this post!

So on to my card for today!

I've been so busy with other things that I just wanted to make something, not for anything or anybody in particular, just to create! :)
I pulled my inspiration from the challenge at The Paper Shelter right now, use a charm. 


For this I used:
The image is Witchy Wryn from Tiddly Inks.
She is colored with ProMarkers and Copics.
The candy corn paper is Cloud 9 Designs and all the rest is DCWV.
The web stamp is Inkadinkadoo and I heat embossed it with clear powder.
The ribbon is 3 Girl Jam.
The sentiment is My Craft Spot inked with Memento Tuxedo Black.
The spider charm is from Hobby Lobby.

I'm entering this in:
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Cute and Creepy
Cards Galore Challenge - Anything Goes
Cardz TV - Fall-O-Ween
Crafty Catz Challenge - Halloween
Divas by Design - Something Spooky
Fashionista Challenge - Anything Goes
Pile it On - Any Holiday
Raise the Bar - Which is Witch?
The Paper Shelter - Charming
Tiddly Inks - Halloween

Thanks!!
Sarah Mae

20 comments:

  1. hi what a sweet and very cute card Wryn looks so pretty ..thanks for sharing it with us for this weeks challenge at CRAFTY CATZ hug s sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz with your gorgeous card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Great card, well done! Really cutesy! Thank-you for taking part in this months Cards Galore "Anything goes Challenge!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely charm and beautiful coloring of the image. thanks for playing along with us at Pile It On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your very sweet and charming card. Thanks for joining us in our charming challenge over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card....love your colouring and that charm is so cute...thanks for playing with the Divas!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. the color combo is amazing! thanks for sharing your creation over at Tiddly Inks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute Halloween image, love her...thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image and fabulous color choices!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness gracious this is so cute! I adore it! Thank you so much for creating with us at Cardz TV! I simply LOVE your blog title... totally sums up my crafting life!

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Amazing image and i love the charm. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  13. he he he! I love it! that sentiment is so cute with her!
    thank you so much for popping in and sharing it with us over on the tiddly inks challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card. Thanks so much for joining us at crafty catz this week. Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, she's so cute! Great colors for this perfectly colored image! Thank you so much for joining in on our Which is Witch challenge over at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card - love the sentiment! Thanks for joining our Halloween challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card and that cute little charm is perfect, thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at Fashionista and good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    OSAAT DT member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab spooky creation! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! Love the spider charm. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge. :)

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card with an adorable sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete