Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Christmas Lists & I'm on a Design Team!!

Last week I got an invitation to join the Design Team for Stamping Dragon Designs!! 


It's really exciting because I absolutely love their stamps! Their challenges start every Friday so look for my first DT post this coming Friday! You'll love the challenge!!!


CHRISTMAS IS LESS THAN 3 MONTHS AWAY!!!!
That occurred to me this morning along with the revelations that I have not started my Christmas list or my cards! Definitely time to get down to business.
So far I think I have a good handle on my gifts list, the hardest person to buy for is my little sister (I say little, but she turns 20 this year), because her birthday is 2 days after Christmas. Which means, I have to come up with 2 thoughtful, useful, and fun gifts. She's not the most skilled with finances so I always try to get her things that she needs that she probably wouldn't spend the money on herself. Difficult.
Anyway, here's the first of what I'm sure will be mounds of Christmas/Holiday cards.


I decided I wanted to approach this from a warm and fuzzy point of view. For starters, I LOVE this digi from The Paper Shelter. I styled the little cat after mine, Chessi. :)


I colored the image with Copics and ProMarkers. All the papers, patterned and solid, are Recollections.  I sanded the edges on everything and then inked the outer edges of the card and of the sentiment. The ink is Dusty Concord Distress Ink. The faux stitching is a purple Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is K Andrew Designs. The button is from my stash. And the ribbon is 3GJ. 

I'm entering this in:
3 Girl Jam - Anything Goes (Use Ribbon)
Cards Galore Challenges - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Hip to Be Square
Delightful Challenges - Winter Holiday
MFP Friends of Speedy TV - Distressing
The Paper Shelter - Distressing

Thanks!!
Sarah Mae

18 comments:

  1. Cute little card - love your cat too! Thanks for joining our FOSTV challenge to use distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Paper Shelter image looks great on your card Sarah. Love the colours you have chosen.
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, awwww how adorable is this image! Lovely colours and great layout.

    Thanks for joining in with us at The Cutie Pies this time.

    Sarah

    PS - Congrats on the DT place - it's a great feeling isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWwww what a cute card! So glad you could join us for the Distressing challenge on Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've incorporated your own little fur baby into the colors of the cat in this sweet card!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Chessi, is so cute!!! Your card is wonderful and I love that cute kitty in the image! Sweet Christmas card! Thanks for joining us this week at FOSTV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Love all the pattern paper and the fun design! Cute kitty too! Thanks for joining us over at 3GJ! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little cat and lovely Christmas card! Thanks for joining us this week at FOSTV for our distressing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling card and your kitty too!!! Thanks for playing this week on TTSTBV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling card. You have a cute cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute. Super Copic work. Thanks for joining us on the 3 Girl JAM challenge blog.

    Cheri - 3GJ DT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love your beautiful card. The details are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digital Delight Challenges!
    Denise
    DDC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your DT!
    Love your adorable card...the image is super sweet and your kitty is too cute!!
    Thanks for linking up this week over at the 3 Girl Jam Challenge Blog!
    jessica
    3GJ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. What a sweet image. Thanks for trying the Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV technique and joining the fun. Along with the Friends of SpeedyTV challenge this week. We hope to see you again next week. Be sure to check out all the other challenges on SpeedyTV for more chances to win free stamp sets from Marks Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion. And good luck.

    Caz xx CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous square project and perfect for our Hip to be square challenge at CYP! Thanks for joining us! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet design on your card! Congrats on your design team appointment and thanks for playing along with the Friends of Speedy TV!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful job! Your cat is adorable. Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!

    JulieK
    http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
    http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete