Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wishing for Sunny Days

My ideal day would be about 70 degrees, sunny, and barely breezy. I live in West Texas where we have sudden thunderstorms, haboobs, wind like you wouldn't believe, sometimes it literally rains mud because of the dirt in the air, and there's no gradual temperature change, one day it's hot, one days it's cold. So, while it does rain, it's not usual for there to be consistent cloud cover. While I prefer the cooler weather I've missed the sun. 
So, I needed something sunny.


The image and sentiment is one I won from Mark's Finest Papers that I colored with ProMarkers and Copics. The papers are kraft, core'dinations, and Provo Craft. The emboss folder is Paper Lace 2 that I sanded and distressed the edges. The ink I used for the edges and for around the image is Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The dies are Spellbinders.

I'm entering this in:
Joyful Stamper: Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
DL.Art - 1000 Post Linky Party
Fresh Brewed Blog - Distressing
Hiding in My Craft Room - Distressing
Mark's Finest Papers - Favorite Technique - Inking/Distressing
Milk and Coffee Challenges - At least 2 different shapes
Natalie and Amy - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - Sentiment on the front

Thanks!!
Sarah Mae



9 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at PCJ for our Sentiment challenge! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is gorgeous. I have some Coordinations and very seldom use it. You've inspired me to get it out. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarha Mae--this is gorgeous. Love your coloring of our wonderful sunflower! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox and Friends blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, I just love the sanded look on your embossing isn't this paper just so cool? Your flowers are so pretty.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, lovely image. Thank you for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey, good luck in the draw!!

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Congrats on winning the stamp. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends and sharing your fave technique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!!
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Great job distressing! I recently had to drive through a haboob in California/Arizona border. NOT FUN!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful and love your colour choice! Thanks for joining us for our first challenge over at Natalie and Amy's! Love Chanelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete