Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Steampunk-ing?

I had never heard of steampunk until while watching an episode of Randy to the Rescue (like Say Yes to the Dress Kleinfeld on wheels) and a bride was describing her steampunk theme to Randy (who didn't know what it was either). The way she was describing it was a bit.. convoluted is a good word to describe her description. So naturally, I googled. I like to think of it as Sherlock Holmes meets the tv show Warehouse 13. I keep seeing challenges calling for a steampunk theme and it looks really neat. Well, this week I saw 3 challenges for it so I thought that would be a good opportunity to try my hand at it. 



The images are Tiddly Inks that I colored with Promarkers and Copics. The embellishments are Tim Holtz time pieces, Tim Holtz filmstrip ribbon, and the tiles and rosettes are from Hobby Lobby and didn't show a brand name on them, weird. The background is Tim Holtz Sizzix emboss folders for 2 of the corners with Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets dies. The inks are Vintage Photo and Tea Dye Distress Ink. 
It's a bit more busy looking than what I usually do but I like the theme overall. And now that I got my feet wet I'm excited to do some more and try it again!!

I'm entering this in:
Berry 71 Bleu - Steampunk
Steampunk Junkies - Anything Goes (just punk it up!)
Happy Daze Design Team - Steampunkery

Thanks!!
Sarah Mae

13 comments:

  1. This is so cute I just found out what steam-punk was a little while ago to. You did a great job I love it- great flowers to
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty steampunk project. Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Happy Daze, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely card! Excellent for the challenge, great stamp!! Thank you for joining us at B71B. Channa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining in our Challenge at Berry71Bleu! What you have made is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on the challenge Sarah!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Berry71Bleu :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, love your Steampunking! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Happy Daze :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice!
    Thank you for joining Berry 71 Bleu challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great!I love the steampunk flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card love it. Thank you for joining us at Steampunk Junkies this fortnight. Abbie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so lovely ! Thank You so much for joining us over at Steampunk Junkies ... our new challenge is up and running hope you can join us again :O)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never would have thought about combining these styles but its so worked, Brill Lou

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a brilliant design!
    I apologise that it has taken me so long to get to you... thank you for joining us at steampunk junkies!
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a very cute card!! thanks for joining us at B71B.

    I'm also having a giveaway on my blog check it out: http://kerentamir.blogspot.ca/2012/09/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete