Tuesday, September 11, 2012

So I bought some ProMarkers..

I don't have many rubber stamps or digital stamps but I seem to be accumulating them rather quickly from different winnings. This seemed like a good reason to check out the Copic nation. After doing quite a bit of online research about the different brands of alcohol markers I went to the different craft stores in my city to see what they have on hand. The selections were sparse at best. When I looked into buying them online I decided that I would buy 3 of the sets of 12 ProMarkers. I got them on Amazon and paid about $75 for 36 markers, not bad. Any colors that I missed there is enough of a selection of Copics and Prismacolors at the stores I can supplement as needed.
I think I have watched probably 30 youtube videos in the last week, all having to do with marker blending for beginners. I also had my sister give me a lesson. Where I am good at scissors and glue crafts and sketching if I'm staring at something, she's pretty amazing at drawing and painting just from her mind. Her specialty is watercolors, which has everything to do with layering colors and gradient blending. So, she and I played with my markers trying to figure out the best way to use them! It was a fun sister bonding moment. :)
This was my best attempt (The inking around the stamp wasn't the best but I couldn't find my dauber for the purple, we were out of tissues and I was trying to cover up a marker mishap that I couldn't get out of the die cut, lol)
 
 
The stamp is Lucy Mouse from Paper Makeup Stamps. The papers are Core'dinations color core and DCWV white core. I used my new distressing kit and used the edge scraper on just about everything and the sander on the pink layer. The emboss folder is Spellbinders paisley. The sentiment is from the Recollections princess set. The ink colors are Dusty Concord and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks.
 
I'm entering this in:
Bearly - Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Blast from the Past - #125 Emboss It
DL.Art - 1000 Post Linky Party
Natalie and Amy - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Things That Make You Go Awww!
Perfect Sentiments - All Creatures Great and Small
Scrap-Creations - Pick 3 - Die Cut, Distress, Emboss
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes
The Poodles Parlour - For a Female
 
Thanks!!
Sarah Mae
 


17 comments:

  1. Like the cute, whimsy Mouse. Especially like the netting for texture. Thanks for entering the Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations Ch#10 Animal.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP Simple Salutations Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. What little princess wouldn't treasure this sweet card. Love all of the layers and texture. Thanks for joining our Blast From the Past challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, I love the colour combo :)

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge Blog :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great embossing and distressing on this card. Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable. I just love the mesh you used over the images Great colors.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute creation, love the colours & your happy mistake looks fab hun!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's for our 1st monthly challenge, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable image and a fabulous layout. Thanks for joining us at Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and perfect for a little princess! Thank you so much for joining our "Show us what you got" challenge at Shelly's Images. Please visit us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very sweet looking card. Sweet image and lovely design. Thanks for joining us over at Bearly Mines this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You won the MFP Simple Salutations Ch#10 Animal.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP Simple Salutations Hostess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Thanks for letting me know!!

      Delete
  11. Awww,so sweet.Love the pretty colour combo and all the texture. Delightful card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet image. Thanks for playing along with the “Who’s the Boss” challenge over at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the purple pink combo, and the use of the mesh on your card. Congrats on buying the promarkers, I know you're going to love them as you use them more and more.
    Thanks for playing along in the first challenge at Natalie & Amy's.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week. Enjoy using your Promarkers. You'll grow to love them. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute card sarah mae! I love my promarkers!! so just have fun with them
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I don't know much about coloring, but it seems preety smoothly blended to me.

    Did you end up using the ink pad straight on the paper around the stamp, then? If I don't have something else for applying and smudging ink around, I find that my fingertip works fairly well.

    ReplyDelete