Monday, September 17, 2012

My favorite part of fall is the colors

If you read my 'Wishing for Sunny Days' post you know I'm from West Texas. It's sunny again. It's also hot again, except for really early in the morning. For the past 2 years it's been really dry in the region. This year hasn't been quite as bad as last year. In 2011 I spent the spring semester (January through May) in Europe. When I left Texas it was brown, dry, and dusty. When I came home in May, I remember telling my mom it looked exactly the same outside, brown, dry, and dusty. Well anyway, we have actually seen rain this year (I kid you not there was no recorded rain in my region until like August last year - possibly exaggerated by a month or so but solid truth), but the leaves on trees have started to turn colors and fall. Now, for those of you who already have cooler temperatures, I'm a bit envious. Fall may start on September 21st but we don't usually see it until extreme late October through mid November. There are stores around town that have contests for who can guess the day of the first freeze, lol. 
So enough of my back story/tangent. :) This morning when I walked outside it was around 8:30 or so, probably 60 degrees and there were red and brown and orange leaves from the oak tree in my front yard all over the driveway, with no street noise, it was utterly beautiful.

A card for fall.


The image is from The Paper Shelter, colored with ProMarkers and Copics. The papers are kraft, and solid and patterned Recollections. The center square is a Spellbinders die. All the layers are inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. The punches are Martha Stewart inked with Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Tea Dye, and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The sentiment is just lettered together. The tag is hand cut from a pattern I have from somewhere. The ribbon is 3 Girl Jam hot chocolate crinkle ribbon tied into a bow with my new bow maker I bought from them. :) 

I'm entering this in:
Getting Cricky - Happy Fall Y'all
A Blog Named Hero - Tag You're It
Crafty Catz - Brown and Orange
DL.Art - 1000 Post Linky Party
Jellypark Challenges - All About Challenges
Paper Crafting Journey - My Sentiment Exactly
Paper Playtime - Punches and a Sentiment
Paper Pretties - Punches
Papertake Weekly - Things that make you go Aww!
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Punch It

Thanks!!
Sarah Mae



10 comments:

  1. Great card, love to see a the Paper Shelter stamp!!
    Thanks for joining us at this week’s The Paper Shelter Challenge. DT Member Shannon/Shannon83k

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours and it fits perfectly with our challenge! Thanks for playing along at Papercrafting Journey, and good luck, hugs Lou P DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card!!!! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute I just love all the colors of your leaves and what a happy little image
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card & I love that image :)
    Thanks for joining us a Jellypark Friends & The Paper Shelter too!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card! Thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It took some time to make this adorable card, but it was well worth it. It's too fun.
    Thanks for playing along with the Simplly Create Too 22nd challenge, "anything goes."
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this wonderful image...so very cute. Your card is lovely and reminds me of fall fun! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just perfect for the Season! Thanks so much for joining us at ABNH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is too sweet Sarah! I love the little girl she is adorable.
    Thank you for entering the Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky! Good luck!!! :)

    Heather
    Getting Cricky Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete