Thursday, September 13, 2012

I've been studying :)

I saw this magazine at Hobby Lobby and thought it might be interesting. I flipped through it and found that really it's a book of tutorials and examples of the rules, it's kind of awesome!


So this is my nod to balance or asymmetry.



I used my new stamp set I won from Mark's Finest Papers! I colored the horse with a blender pen and chalk, there's a tutorial about it at the MFP Tutorial link below. The sentiment is stained with Making Memories burnt sienna stain and the edges are sanded and then inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The horse is also sanded and inked with Vintage Photo. All the paper came from my scraps box. The pattern is DCWV Old World Stack. 

I'm entering this in:
MFP Tutorial Time Challenges - Color with Blender pen and chalk
A Gem of a Challenge - A Boy Thing
Bearly-Mine Challenges - Anything Goes
DL.Art - 1000 Post Linky Party
Fresh Brewed Blog - Distressing
Hiding In My Craft Room - Super Scraps Saturday
Hooked on Craft Challenges - Cards for Men

Thanks!!
Sarah Mae

4 comments:

  1. Wonderfully colored horse with the blender pen & chalk technique! So glad you could join us this week at Tutorial Time at SpeedyTV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME card love the horse image and the sentiment is great
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 POSTS Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card i love the image. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the style and image. Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Crafts this month and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete