Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall is in the Air - Part 2

I would love to live someplace where the temperature stays around 60-70 degrees. That would be lovely. I know I've harped on this recently but I really do dislike hot weather.

Anyway, I made this card with a specific challenge in mind. Over at My Cricut Craft Room they're having a contest to pick one new DT member. The project is to be Autumn themed. Then, at the end of this week all the projects will be up for voting which will determine who is the new DT member!
So, I would love for you all to take a minute and go over there and vote for me next week!!


I followed this sketch from MFP Sketch with a Twist:


I used Autumn Celebrations for the phrase, pilgrim hat, witch hat, Dia de los Muertos skull, and pumpkin. The layered leaves are from Mickey and Friends. The maple leaves are a Martha Stewart punch. The leaves flight path are gelly roll pens. All the papers are from my scrap stash. Interesting thought, I just realized this is the 3rd project in a week where I have used the teal color. I think it might be because my new phone case for my new iPhone is that color and it's making me a little crazy to see the case every day but still be waiting for the phone...I'd imagine I'm not even close to being the only person feeling that way.

I'm entering this in:
Getting Cricky - Happy Fall Y'all
DL.Art - 1000 Post Linky Party
Milk and Coffee - Welcome Fall
MFP Sketch with a Twist - Autumn/Fall
Simply Create Too - Autumn/Fall

Thanks!!
Sarah Mae


5 comments:

  1. Your not alone with the hot weather Sarah Mae, nor in your wait for Apple's newest toy. We hit 102 degrees in Arizona today and I'm praying the workers' brawl in China hasn't slowed the manufacture of IPhones. I want my toy.
    Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.
    Love the take on the sketch and the gorgeous colors you've used.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card and just speaks of fall! I love the colors! Best of luck for the DT challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! It is super duper cute!! Thanks for sharing. I wish you all the best in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice project.... what a great new member to our design team you are going to be! Welcome! I am posting this to see how long it takes you to see it :) We like to have fun and do things a little different! Please request to join our New member facebook group! http://www.facebook.com/groups/470511492977580/ I will authorize you and there are a few Design Team members there to help you out and answer your questions. Jessica, Heather, and Teresa.
    *Erica, My Cricut Craft Room
    http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica!! I'm soo excited!! I'll get on FB as soon as I'm at my computer!
      Sarah Mae

      Delete