Saturday, September 8, 2012

A 'Silent' Layout

I saw a new challenge blog today, Red Carpet Studio. Their challenge themes will come from movies, kinda neat! The first challenge is to make a 'silent  movie' layout. So, a layout with no title, no words, and no journaling. 
I spent a semester abroad in Spring 2011. I have 4 scrapbooks in progress from my trip, and lately I've put them on the back burner to spend my crafting time learning new techniques and making cards because they're smaller and sometimes easier to work with. Well, since this is a layout challenge I brought out my trip stuff. I haven't started on my trip to Paris so I thought that would be fun to work with! I took this picture on my phone. Every night when the lights on the Eiffel Tower come on the flash for a few minutes. The shutter speed on my phone was slower than that of my camera so I was able to get a picture with more of the lights showing! 


The base paper is Bo Bunny and the patterned accent paper is DCVW. The emboss folder is Musical Flourish and the ink is Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Last week I won a Making Memories Distress Kit from Exploring Cricut, it came in yesterday! :) Between that and all the Distress inks I bought the other day, that's about all I've been doing!! On every element I used the edge scrapper in the kit, way too much fun!!

I'm entering this in:
Red Carpet Studio - Silent Movie Layout
DL.Art  - 1000 Post Linky Party

Thanks!!
Sarah Mae

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! I love the metal embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us for the first challenge at Red Carpet Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful layout...this challenge blog is a great way to get your scrapbooks finished! I have a few books I need to get done too. Ü Great take on this week's challenge...thank you for playing at Red Carpet Studio. Hope to see another one of your layouts on our next layout challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First. I'm so jealous of your trip to Paris! I have wanted to go to gay Pariii since I was 15 years old.
    Second. Thank you for stopping by our very first challenge at Red Carpet Studios!
    Georgie Red Carpet Studio DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I was There. With a iconic image such as this you don't need any words.

    Stacy Red Carpet Studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color combo! That embossing is gorgeous with the Vintage Photo! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete