Saturday, August 11, 2012

Happy Bee'Day!

First I would like to thank the Anything Goes Challenge Blog for being (randomly or not :) ) chosen as a TOP 5!! You can see the button on the right!

One of the other students at my office had her birthday yesterday. She took the last 2 days off because she also graduates tomorrow. So I thought it would be fun to have people leave her birthday cards on her desk so she can come back to them on Monday! And of course, I made mine!!
I got a new cartridge yesterday so I thought it would be fun to use it! It might be slightly juvenile for a 24 year old doctoral student, but I think she'll laugh so it's worth it!
(Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, its Create a Critter!!)


The Bee and his hat are from Create a Critter and The Happy Bee'Day is Story Book. I used Gelly Roll Glaze gel pens for his flight path and emphasizing BEE. 

I mentioned a few posts ago I was trying to come up with ideas for a 4 year olds birthday invites to a place thats bouncy, gymnastic like, indoor playground. Well the place is called Jumpin' Jungle. I think the monkey on Create a Critter might just be the perfect image to base the invite around. What do you think???


I'm entering this in:
DL.Art - Happy Birthday Diana Blog Hop
Getting Cricky - Fun with Puns
A Blog Named Hero - Freestyle
Craft Your Passions - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Cricut Chirp - Anything Goes
Hooked on Craft Challenges - Let's Celebrate
Paper-Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
That Craft Place - Things with Wings


Thanks!!!
Sarah





13 comments:

  1. Your card is so adorable. I just love the bee and the colors are great.
    Thank you for joining my Happy Birthday Diana Blog Hop.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...lovely card,thanks for playing along with our ANYTHING GOES at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable and happy card! Love the bee.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Craft Your Passion this week.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Craft Your Passion
    August Guest Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card!!! I love the stitching bee trail. Thanks for joining the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! The bee is so darn cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Crafting Journey and good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gale

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card would make anyone happy. I love it! Thanks for entering the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Heather
    Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card, love that image. thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card. It would make anyone smile no matter what age. Love the funky colours, too. Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion. Hope you come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable!! I love the bee with his party hat!! What a fun card!! Thanks so much for entering my giveaway!! And thank you for linking up with the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again! That bee is so cute! I know it made your co-worker smile! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero (again!!!)

    ReplyDelete

  11. This is beautiful thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beeutiful card. Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete